When you’re loading results for a timed event, the order is based on the longest distance covered. If there are runners with the same finish distance, you must adjust the completed distance to properly place runners in the list if you don’t have their finish times to decide the order. If you have finish times, please see this guide.
Step 1: Prepare the Results Spreadsheet #
- Open your results spreadsheet in a compatible format (CSV).
- Ensure that your spreadsheet includes columns for first, last, age, gender, city, state, & distance.
Step 2: Adjust Finish Distances #
- Identify the participants who finished with the same distance but should be ordered based on their finish times.
- Increase the finish distance for the first finisher by a tenth of a mile. For example, if the first finisher completed 30 miles, adjust their result to 30.2 miles.
- Decrease the finish distance for each subsequent runner by a tenth of a mile. For example, the next runner’s distance can be adjusted to 30.1 miles, and so on.
- Ensure that the adjusted finish distances maintain the same order as the corresponding finish times.
Step 3: Upload the Adjusted Results to UltraSignup #
- Log in to your UltraSignup race director account.
- Navigate to the Results Loader for your event.
- Select the option to upload results and choose the adjusted results spreadsheet from your computer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the upload process.
By following this user guide, you can ensure that the placement of runners in fixed time events is accurately reflected on UltraSignup. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the current issue and are actively working on resolving it.