Preparing For Your Upcoming Event #
***IMPORTANT: BE SURE THAT YOU ARE ON THE LATEST VERSION OF THE APP. CHECK THE APP STORE OR GOOGLE PLAY STORE FOR AVAILABLE UPDATES PRIOR TO ADDING YOUR CODE.
If you are planning to use the Ultrasignup race timer to time your event this guide will take you through the steps for preparing for your upcoming event.
Here is the general order of operation:
- Registration Closes
- Assign Bibs
- Get your code
- Add code to your app
Registration Closes #
Once your race registration closes, this is the best time to start the process of configuring your event for the app.
When changes are made in ultrasignup.com, those changes are **NOT** reflected in the race timer if you have already added the code. The app must be reset each time a change has been made on Ultrasignup OR once you know that no more changes will be made on ultrasignup.com.
Please also be aware of your order edit settings as well. Order edits allow a runner to make changes to their registration. The default last day to make these changes is your event date. If you allow runners to cancel their order, switch distances, or transfer their bib to another runner after your registration close date, these changes will not be reflected in the app if you have already added the code you will need to reset the application.
Helpful guides: Order Edits: Order cancellation, Distance changes, Bib Transfer; Resetting the Application; Other items that you can check on, Registration close date (If it needs to be changed); and change your race start time(s)
Assign Bibs #
When you are sure there will be no more changes to your participants, this is prime time to get bibs assigned. Here is the guide for assigning bibs
- Once bibs have been assigned and your data has been loaded to the application, you will not be able to reuse any bib numbers that have already been assigned to a runner. The application will not let you use the bib number again. If you allow a runner to use the bib number that is already in use in the application, then you will need to manually record their finish time and manually add that time using the final results editor on ultrasignup.com.
- If you add the code in the application before bibs have been assigned, then after you assign you will reset the app to see those bib assignments. If you see the error “NO BIB FIX ONLINE“, you will need to assign bibs and then reset the app OR if you have already assigned bibs, then you will simply reset the app.
- If you add a participant or allow a participant to register after bibs have been assigned and you would like to assign a bib to that runner individually, you must do so in the participant record (Guide here). Then you will need to reset the app for changes to be reflected.
Get Your Code #
Once registration has closed and bibs have been assigned, it’s time to get your code.
Please see the guide that applies to your event:
- Recording finish times only
- Recording a fixed time event (Loops, i.e. 6 hours, 12 hours, etc…)
- Recording at aid stations
Add Your Code #
Once your code has been created, you will add the code to the application (guide here)
Important Notes #
- Have someone else timing your event? Here is how to grant access to a Race Timer.
- You will not be able to reuse any bib numbers that have already been assigned to another runner.
- If you see the error “NO BIB FIX ONLINE”, and you have assigned bibs, then reset the app.
- When changes are made in ultrasignup.com, those changes are **NOT** reflected in the race timer if you have already added the code. The app must be reset each time a change has been made on Ultrasignup OR once you know that no more changes will be made on ultrasignup.com.