Setting up an event is simple. Watch the video and see the steps below. When creating a new event, you will need to come prepared with your event’s information. Please review the required information listed below.
- Navigate to the homepage ultrasignup.com
- Click “Host an event”
- Follow the steps.
Additional Notes for RDs: #
Website or FB Page Required #
When creating a new event, it is mandatory to add a link to a Facebook page OR website during setup. We will not activate your event until we receive a working website or FB page link.
- It must be a FB page, not an event or group.
- Your website must include event information, and all registration links must point to USU.
(This is how we verify the legitimacy of your event. Yes, unfortunately, we do have people submit fake events. This is simply our effort to prevent these events from slipping through the cracks.)
- The majority of your runner questions come to the USU team. We cannot answer questions about your event if we do not have information available. Having information in place eliminates confusion.
Dual Hosting Not Allowed #
We do not allow dual hosting, meaning you cannot offer event registration on another platform. We search for your event prior to activating, so if we find your event hosted elsewhere we will not activate it.
Required Information: Description #
We ask that you try to enter as much information into your description as possible upon setup. If you are not sure what information to add to your description, here are some suggestions:
- Course description
- Cutoffs(if any)
- Aid Station info
- Race day information
- Race day registration
- Packet pick-up
- Start location/directions
- Start times
- Refund Policy
- About your event
Required Information: Images #
We also require images. A banner image + 7 images. If a new event, you could add a logo image, photos of any swag you are offering, and photos of the course. Events with 7+ photos perform better on the platform.
Other Information to Have Prepared When Creating a New Event #
- Liability Waiver
- Startline address
- Dates: event date, registration open date, registration close date, last dates to make changes to your registrations, last date to cancel orders.
- Start time
- Pricing for distances offered.
- Questions such as shirt sizes, past events, etc… you can ask anything!
- Add-on items. If you are selling additional tangible items.