Table of Contents
Using The App On Race Day #
For assigning bibs and adding your code, please see this guide.
The Race Clock #
- Your race clock will start automatically at the time your event was scheduled to start on ultrasignup.com. The clock will count down to the start time, and then it will begin counting up at the start of the race.
- To check or change your event start time prior to adding your code, please see this guide.
- If you need to adjust the start time on race day within the application, please see this guide.
- When updating the start time in the app, please review the following settings before updating the time, check the day, month, & year in addition to the time itself before saving your changes.
- Your race clock needs to be updated prior to recording runners. If you change the clock after runners have been recorded, their time will not be updated.
- You do not need to stop the clock in the app. It will continue to run until you add a new code for your next event. No worries, this does not affect your results.
- In your application tools, you have a “Race Clock” feature. This can be used to display timing for everyone to see if you do not have a race clock. Simply download the app to a different mobile device than you are using for timing, open the race clock, and connect the mobile device to a larger display. Here is how to use the race clock.
Aid Stations #
- Each aid station will have its own code. To create these codes, please see this guide.
- The devices do NOT share data, you will not be able to track runners on the course unless you have a wifi/data connection and you have enabled live tracking. If this is the case, then a runner’s progress can be tracked on ultrasignup.com (guide coming soon).
Looped Events #
- To set up a looped event, please see this guide.
- To time a looped event, you simply tap the bib or key the bib number each time the runner crosses the finish line, each lap time is recorded, and you will do this for the duration of the event.
- From the keypad view, your runner will accumulate laps in the form of a number on the runner’s name, & from the bib tap view, you will see a number in the top right corner of the bib for each lap that has been recorded.
- Per the race timer configuration options, you can only record loops if they are even loops, i.e. a 12-hour event on a 5-mile loop. If you have uneven loop options (i.e. a 12-hour event on a 5-mile loop, 2-mile loop, and a 7-mile loop), you will need to get creative when using the race timer as it will only allow for equal loops.
General Timing FAQ #
- A race day registrant can be added to the app via menu >> tools >> add participant.
- You cannot reuse bib numbers that have already been assigned to another runner
- See this guide on adding participants.
- You can make changes to finish times in the app, and remove a finish time if recorded erroneously. See guides: deleting times; changing times.
- If you need to change participants to DNF or DNS status in the app, please see this guide.
- To change your participant from one distance to another, please see this guide.
- If you need to hide a distance, OR if you accidentally hide a distance and you need to recover it, please see this guide.
Important Note: Backup Your Data #
It is very important that you backup your data frequently throughout your event. This enables our team to save you by recovering your results in the event that your device crashes. ** It is not guaranteed that results can be recovered if lost.
Please see this data backup guide.