To reach your contact screen, navigate to your event admin tools, click Event Setup >> Edit Event >> and then look for the “Contact” tab under the banner area. See here:
If your event date has passed, then you will not see the “Edit Event” option. You will either need to renew your event OR contact support if you must add or remove a contact before renewing your event. Support will be able to provide a link to the contact page.
Adding a New Contact #
At the top of the contact page, you will see the option to add a contact.
- Add the contact’s email address. You will need to use an email address that is associated with an UltraSignup account, otherwise, the contact cannot be added.
- Select a job title. Job title can be whatever you want it to be and does not determine permission granted to the contact. Job title can always be changed/updated.
- Determine contact permission. (Export data, manage participants, manage coupons, view financials, edit event, and process refunds) Uncheck boxes to remove permission.
- The last option is “Add contact and these permissions to ALL “Your Series” events?”. If you have multiple events managed under a group ID, you can update permissions for that contact for each event by checking the box.
- Click “Add contact” button.
You will see a notification “Contact Added”, if contact is not added, you should see an error message. It’s usually that the UltraSignup account does not exist (the contact simply needs to create an UltraSignup account). If you have trouble, contact support.
Once the contact is added, you can scroll to the bottom of the page and see their information in the list of contacts. The contact will need to logout of their UltraSignup account and back in, accept terms & conditions, and they will be able to access the event.
Assign Notifications (Runner questions, comments/ registration notifications) #
You can choose who receives runner questions & confirmations by clicking “edit” next to the contact, and checking or unchecking the boxes under “Receive Questions?” & “Confirms?”. Your registration page has an “Ask a question?” button on it. If someone sends a message via that button, an email will be sent to all those with a check in the “Receive Questions?” column. You must have at least one person listed to “Receive Questions”.
Editing Contact Title & Permissions #
You can edit/change permissions and contact title by clicking “edit” next to the contact. Check or uncheck any boxes in the “Permissions” column, Click the “Title” dropdown to choose a new title. Click “update” save your changes.
Updating Contact Email Addresses #
Be careful when updating email addresses from your event contact page. If you update the wrong address, you could lose access to your event(s).
- (3rd Email) By default, we will send to your login email.
- (2nd Email) If you do not want to receive emails to your login email, you can set a general email for all of your events.
- (1st Email) If you like to make your life more complicated, you can specify a specific email per event.
Other notes on emails:
- Do not update your 3rd email address. You will lose event permissions. If you must change your login email, you will need to contact support ask ask to have them update your permission.
- Next to each contact you will see two links, “edit” & “remove”. If you do not see the option to remove the contact, this is because the contact is linked to the bank account. To remove the “treasurer” you will first need to remove the bank account via your tax & payments page. Then you will see the option to remove the contact.