This user guide provides instructions on how to upload results for fixed time events, such as 24-hour or 12-hour races, where runners complete as much mileage as they can within the specified time. We are aware of an issue where uploading results with the same finish distance may not accurately reflect the correct placement. To address this, we recommend making slight adjustments to the finish distances when uploading the results. Please follow the steps below to ensure proper placement of runners in the event.
Step 1: Prepare the Results Spreadsheet #
- Open your results spreadsheet in a compatible format (CSV).
- Ensure that your spreadsheet includes columns for first, last, age, gender, city, state, & distance.
Step 2: Adjust Finish Distances #
- Identify the participants who finished with the same distance but should be ordered based on their finish times.
- Increase the finish distance for the first finisher by a tenth of a mile. For example, if the first finisher completed 30 miles, adjust their result to 30.2 miles.
- Decrease the finish distance for each subsequent runner by a tenth of a mile. For example, the next runner’s distance can be adjusted to 30.1 miles, and so on.
- Ensure that the adjusted finish distances maintain the same order as the corresponding finish times.
Step 3: Upload the Adjusted Results to UltraSignup #
- Log in to your UltraSignup race director account.
- Navigate to the Results Loader for your event.
- Select the option to upload results and choose the adjusted results spreadsheet from your computer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the upload process.
By following this user guide, you can ensure that the placement of runners in fixed time events is accurately reflected on UltraSignup. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the current issue and are actively working on resolving it.